Thursday 17 March 2011

It's 9.37 pm. And I have 12 hours.

Well yeah! I do only have 12 hours... to get my thoughts out unto a document that spells approximately 6000 words. I have been researching and reading. And it's one of those sessions where I'm pulling in all my might to get out gibberish that makes sense for even a split second in time. I think the only thing soothing my senses or putting my heart at ease is the ongoing praise for Nabi-e-Kareem in our lawn right outside my bedroom window. Imagine. Today is the 12th, Islamically. I am sitting, very ready to start my whining about how I don't know what I'm going to do about my research paper... but inshaALLAH. I'm hopeful that I'll pull through.

There goes the optimist.. I just thought of Flash. You know the superhero? It's funny how your mind wanders when you are supposed to focus... Oh wait. Superhero. Kids. They relate to superheroes don't they? Where are our local heroes? Do we have em? That's the crux of my research... well.. why don't we have em rather.

http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/childrens-books-pakistan

I came across this for my research. It goes back to my love for reading and books, and why I started bookmarks at Firefly. I think it's imperative to our Literary culture. And I hope we totally revolutionalize the way our coming generation thinks about reading. Sania over at Literary Junction is doing a fab job on getting it started by the way. Enroll your kiddies, nieces, nephews, grandkids... seriously. It'll do them wonders inshaALLAH. It will add that zest to want to read... to read some more... and to read so much that we can one day have bookstores the size of Borders and Barnes&Noble here in Pakistan. :D InshaALLAH.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...